Students who stay in school for lunch may bring their own lunches or purchase a hot or cold lunch. Pizza, hot dogs, and hamburgers are available to each grade on a regular rotation basis, one grade a day. The lunch period is forty-five minutes and allows for outdoor play, weather permitting. Lunch moderators supervise each homeroom during the lunch period and accompany the students outdoors for playtime. Students who remain in school for lunch pay a yearly fee of $90 which is used to pay the lunch moderators. In cases of very severe weather, students may stay in the building for lunch and we accommodate them as best we can. For security reasons, no one may visit a student during lunchtime, in the school building or play area, without permission from the office. Also, students are forbidden to leave the grounds without written permission from their parents.
- All students attending Our Lady of Calvary School are permitted to participate in the Lunch Program. The monthly lunch fee per student is $10 and due the first Monday of each month, from September through May.
- Each student in the program is expected to:
- Respect and obey the lunch moderators.
- Say “Grace” before and after eating.
- Eat calmly, not wasting food or drink.
- Observe proper etiquette while eating.
- Bring a small towel for the desktop/tabletop.
- Stay in his or her own, assigned, desk/table while eating.
- Clean up afterwards.
- For security reasons, no one is to visit a student during lunch, in the school or playground, without permission from the school office.
- Students are forbidden to leave the grounds without a permission note from parents/guardians.
- Appropriate behavior is necessary for the safety and well-being of all students. Those who disregard the rules will face a reasonable consequence.
- Parents agree to the rules of the Lunch Program by signing the permission form.
- Hot Lunches: Two grades a day may purchase the following hot lunches in this cycle: Chicken Nuggets/Fries-$2.75, Pizza-$1.25, Nuggets/Fries-$2.75, Hot Dogs/Chips-$1.50. Cold Lunches: Monday-Grades 1 and 8; Tuesday-Grades 7 and 2; Wednesday-Grades 3 and 6; Thursday-Grades 4 and 5; Friday-Grades Pre-K and K.
A reminder will be noted in the Homework Assignment Copy and payment is due, in a clearly-marked envelope, on the day of the scheduled hot lunch. They are optional. Also, “Brown Bag Express” lunches are available daily at a price determined by what is ordered the week before, from the menu provided. Order(s) and payment are due the last day of the prior week.
Snacks may be brought to school for recess or purchased weekly. We offer the following: White milk/chocolate milk or orange juice – $3.00, regular soft pretzel – $2.25, small soft pretzel – $2.00. All prices and orders are placed on Thursdays, with weekly payment, in a clearly-marked envelope (name and homeroom).